Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company with local and national workplace recognition in multiple categories! Our world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a company. A great product, amazing people and our stable financial history have made us one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
Our Support teams work with multiple departments in a dynamic environment that promotes flexibility and autonomy, while offering the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse group of professionals. We work to comply with our company standards, exceed customer expectations and drive our Great Place to Work culture. Through the consistent delivery of quality services and understanding the needs of our business, we develop innovative improvements as we strive towards our company’s Big, Hairy, Audacious Goals!
The purpose of the “Data Analyst, Remediation, Compliance” position is to collect and analyze data to develop and execute remediation plans at the direction of in-house counsel. The Remediation Team in the Compliance Department investigates issues and incidents throughout the Company, providing insight into all aspects of the business. Individuals in this role must act with the highest integrity when conducting investigations and mitigating risk to the Company.
Outcomes and Activities:
- This position will work from home; occasional planned travel to an office location may be required. However, this position is permitted to work at an office location if requested by the team member.
- Assess incidents (such system outages) to understand whether the Company, its customers, dealers, or other third parties, were adversely impacted.
- Work at the direction of in-house counsel to gather and analyze data to scope the impact of the incident and allow the Company to develop a remediation plan to take prompt corrective action.
- Communicate verbally and in written form with business and technical team members all findings, statuses, and recommendations to resolve risks.
- Execute agreed upon remediation plans by engaging leaders and cross functional teams.
- Routinely collaborate with all levels of leadership and cross functional teams, including Product, the Project Management Office (PMO), Corporate Legal, and Internal Audit, during investigation and remediation stages.
- Provide accurate and timely updates in case reporting system (ServiceNow).
- Document in a clear and concise manner all research, data analysis, identified risks, meeting summaries, supporting documentation, and remediation plans to take corrective action.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and succinctly summarize large volumes of data and other information.
- Ability to understand complex information from multiple sources and efficiently evaluate that information or data to develop and execute a remediation plan.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills to identify the root cause of incidents and timely escalate identify risks.
- Demonstrated ability to process large quantities of data, summarize key findings, and present effectively to team members, senior leadership and internal customers.
- Working knowledge of gathering and documenting data requirements and analyzing those requirements from a business perspective.
- Speaks in a respectful, clear, concise, organized, and effective manner for the intended audience.
- Writes in a clear, concise, organized and effective manner for the intended audience.
- Recognizes areas of risk and escalates through the proper channels in a timely manner.
- Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert relative to company systems, policies and procedures, reporting requirements, and data analysis.
- Be organized, able to multi-task, and prioritize multiple requests to meet all deadlines.
- Remains positive, professional, determined, calm, and focused when faced with challenging situations.
- Works independently and in a team environment.
- Be self-driven, motivated to help, and able to perform with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise using query and programming languages such as SAS, SQL, PL/SQL, or R.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing
- 5+ years of investigation or data analysis experience in consulting, audit, finance, human resources, compliance, or legal.
- Experience analyzing data in order to identify issues and risks, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Data analysis skills using standard office tools.
- Able to ensure confidentiality in investigation and remediation activities.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
- A strong attention to detail.
- Experience with quickly learning and becoming a subject matter expert in new systems/processes.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is required.
- High integrity.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external parties.
- Experience understanding the various compliance, legal and regulatory issues that could impact the industry.
- Experience evaluating information and data to determine compliance with company policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Experience with project management (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific projects, goals, and objectives).
Targeted Compensation: $27.34 - $36.45/hour + an annual bonus plan
This position is not currently open to individuals who require sponsorship now or in the future to work legally for Credit Acceptance, such as H-1b / H-4 or F-1 OPT visa holders.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to be:
- Positive by maintaining resiliency and focusing on solutions
- Respectful by collaborating and actively listening
- Insightful by cultivating innovation, accumulating business and role specific knowledge, demonstrating self-awareness and making quality decisions
- Direct by effectively communicating and conveying courage
- Earnest by taking accountability, applying feedback and effectively planning and priority setting
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
We understand that your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but for you long term. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!
We have great details around our stats, success, history and more. We’re proud of our culture and are happy to share why – let’s talk!
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and value a culturally diverse workforce. We believe in ensuring all team members demonstrate mutual respect for one another. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics like age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
California Residents: Please click
for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the personal information Credit Acceptance may collect from you.