We are hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join our Industry Solutions Engineering (ISE) team, with deep experience in data management and expertise in developing statistical techniques to analyze data and find patterns. As part of our team, you will be working side-by-side with high-impact engineers and strategic Public Sector customers to solve complex problems. You will communicate trends and innovative solutions to stakeholders. You will work cross-functionally with several teams including crews, product teams, and program management to deploy business solutions.
Industry Solutions Engineering (ISE) is part of Microsoft Industry Solutions and is a global organization of over 16,000 strategic sellers, industry experts, elite engineers, and world-class architects, consultants, and delivery experts who work together to bring Microsoft’s mission of empowerment – and cutting-edge technology - to life for the world’s most influential customers.
The (ISE) team works directly with customers looking to leverage the latest technologies to address their toughest challenges.
We develop solutions side-by-side with our customers through collaborative innovation to solve their challenges. This work involves the development of broadly applicable, high-impact solution patterns and open-source software assets that contribute to the Microsoft platform. In this role, you will be working with engineers from your team and our customers’ teams to apply your skills, perspectives, and creativity to grow as engineers and help solve our customers’ toughest challenges.
Our team prides itself on embracing a growth mindset, inspiring excellence, and encouraging everyone to share their unique viewpoints and be their authentic selves. Join us and help create life-changing innovations that impact billions around the world!
Watch this video to learn more about who we are and what we do: https://aka.ms/csevideo.Responsibilities
- Lead data-science projects or teams to align with business needs and deliver value.
- Lead data acquisition and understanding efforts for engineering projects using various tools and techniques.
- Develop and apply Machine Learning frameworks and best practices for scalable and ethical solutions.
- Oversee review of data analysis and modelling techniques. Ensure selected modelling techniques are appropriate and align with desired project outcomes. Decides on next steps (e.g., deployment, further iterations, new projects).
- Provide feedback, drives improvement, and shares knowledge as a data science expert.
- Write and debugs code for complex projects and leads solution development.
- Lead Machine Learning and data-science partnerships and IP improvement.
- Provides customer-oriented insights and solutions by understanding the business, product, data, and customer perspective.
- Extensive experience in a data science role, managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results.
- Demonstrable experience working with customers as part of a geographically diverse cross-functional team.
- You focus on delivery through collaboration, ability to bring people together to work towards the same purpose.
- Growth mindset: focused on continuous learning and development of your technical acumen.
- Must be willing and able to be SC cleared.
- Experience in a professional service or consulting-based role or organization.
- Doctorate, Master’s, or Batchelors degree in one of the following subjects; Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science.
- Enjoy travel and are comfortable with travel up to 25%.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with applicable law, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, immigration status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran or military status, race, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application process, read more about requesting accommodations.