Optum, the fastest growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Senior Principal Data Scientist you will play a key leadership role within our Optum Ireland data science team and will have the opportunity to work with healthcare data across m any parts of our busi ness (Optum Care and Risk Quality Solutions), giving a unique opportunity to generate insights across the entire lifecycle of a member. You will lead the team in their efforts to develop cutting edge analytical products from one of the world’s richest healthcare dataset. You will be at the intersection of business, technology and data science.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin or Letterkenny office and telecommuting from a home-based office.
- Subject matter expert in data science and provides mentorship, training and guidance to the team while simultaneously maintaining strong partnerships with our US clinical and operations teams.
- Deliver robust and scalable analytic solutions in an automation ready state
- Actively consult with business stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure appropriate medical and business content is incorporated into analytic approaches
- Collaborate with lines of business to understand their analytic needs, contribute to shaping business solutions and communicate results of analytics
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries to prototype development and product improvement
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive and prescriptive models and advanced algorithms that result in optimal value extraction from the data
- Work with analytics and statistical software such as SQL, R, Python and Big Data tools to perform analysis and interpret data
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/computer/statistics or a related field/equivalent experience
- Experience in analytics / data science in a business or academic context
- Demonstrated experience using programming to solve complex technical problems
- Demonstrated experience accessing data from various data environments
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin or Letterkenny office is required
- Masters degree pr PhD in a technical field (e.g. computer science, science, engineering, math / stats, physics etc.)
- In dept knowledge of statistics, machine-learning and numerical / computational methods with experience in the application of these methods to business problems
- Extensive programming experience with Python/Pyspark or other analytics languages
- Extensive experience working within a software development team and using version control systems such as Git..
- Experience of large-scale distributed computing environments (Hadoop, Hive, Databricks etc)
- Experience developing analytical solutions on cloud computing platforms i.e. Azure
- Experience applying deep learning methods to business problems using TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
- Experience leading large scale technical projects from conception through to implementation
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organisation around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: #RPO, Data Analytics, Data Science, Analyst, Analytics, Consulting, Consultant, Solution, Solutions, Strategy