- PhD in Survey Methodology, Statistics, or social science.
- 8+ years of experience in survey design, and analysis
- Strong track record in performing high-quality analysis of surveys for executive insight
- Experience in developing and executing an analytic vision to solve business-relevant problems
- Experience in building analytic or scientific data products or solutions, and working with software developers
- Written and verbal communications skills to convey complicated process and systems to business partners and senior leadership.
Device Economics (DEcon) is looking for an expert in survey methodology to lead survey analysis and design for demand estimation. This role will lead science vision setting, methods innovation, and act as thought leaders to Devices finance and business executives. You will drive substantial improvements in scientific rigor to achieve accuracy and pace improvements for our business.
Amazon Devices designs and builds Amazon first-party consumer electronics products to delight and engage customers. Amazon Devices represents a highly complex space with 100+ products across several product categories (e-readers [Kindle], tablets [Fire Tablets], smart speakers and audio assistants [Echo], wifi routers [eero], and video doorbells and cameras [Ring and Blink]), for sale both online and in offline retailers in several regions. The space becomes more complex with dynamic product offering with new product launches, new marketplace launches, and improvements to existing devices through software improvements. The Devices Economics (DEcon) team uses conjoint surveys to simplify this space, and to provide a deep understanding of our customer’s preferences. Surveys with structural demand models help us inform product development decisions, investments in future product categories, product pricing and promotion, and bundling across complementary product lines. Further analytic depth in survey methodology is a critical input to achieve even more business impact in this area.
Amazon devices are durable consumer goods that delight customers at purchase and over time, and exhibit complementarities across product lines and product generations. DEcon seeks an expert in survey analysis and methodology to customer preferences and behaviors with proven capacity to innovate, scale measurement, and mentor talent. This role has broad Devices-wide impact by advancing survey measurement and quality.
As a Principal Data Scientist of Analytics, you will support up to SVP*-level decision meetings around approving confidential funding requests (PRFAQs) for brand new devices and services, build decisions around how many hardware devices to manufacture prior to receiving any customer signal, and pricing decisions around how to price and promote products and services. You will lead survey methodology and science areas to improve conjoint demand models to produce these recommendations. Areas of ownership include survey analysis, survey quality measurement and refinement, methods innovation, and survey pooling and weighting.
The successful candidate will excel at exploring and simplifying survey analysis for internal customers. You will partner with economists, software developers, and product managers to scale survey analysis and improve tooling and insights. Full vision would support broader use of high-quality surveys at Amazon to advance business problems.
- Applicants with considerably more and broader, experience, are also strongly encouraged
- Proficiency in statistical and programming software including: Python, Spark, or R
- Expert at conjoint survey analyses, and combining different surveys
- Experience with structural demand estimation using survey data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.