At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture. Our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer/Architect who is passionate and motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable data platform for product analytics. You will have ownership of core engineering data pipelines that power metrics for engineering, manufacturing, post-market, marketing, clinical, and business teams with the purpose of driving data discoverability, accessibility, and analysis. You will be responsible for making the data flowing through these pipelines easily accessible and working with subject-matter experts on appropriate data models. You will be a catalyst of change and will be responsible for helping to re-invent the way internal and external teams use data. To be successful in the long run you will need to build sophisticated systems and retool antiquated processes to enable all the teams we support to move quickly with confidence.
- Deploy serverless data pipelines using AWS Lambda, SNS, and SQS. Build highly scalable data pipelines to handle ingestion and processing of robot, manufacturing, engineering, and clinical data.
- Enable internal users by giving them APIs, services, and applications to allow them to access and interact with their data.
- Work closely with core engineering teams to consistently evolve data models & data schemas based on growing business and engineering needs.
- Be a leader in the data space and teach people how to fish for their data easily, so they can self-serve as effortlessly as possible. We are not gatekeepers, but guides.
- Use CI/CD best practices to enable regression testing of our code base, services, and data quality
Skills, Characteristics, and Technology:
- Strong quantitative background (Computer Science, Math, Physics, and/or Engineering), or at least 5 years of industry experience in a quantitative role
- Experience programming with Python
- Strong knowledge of SQL and familiarity with relational database internals
- Experience establishing pipelines using distributed processing and SQL/no-SQL technologies such as Apache Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Snowflake, Apache Airflow, dbt
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines for DataOps
- Experience in data analytics
- Experience working with Docker development and deployment workflows
We provide market-competitive compensation packages, inclusive of base pay, incentives, benefits and equity, and the anticipated pay rate for this position is $163,600 to $235,400. It would not be typical for someone to be hired at the top end of range for the role, as actual pay will be determined based on several factors, including location, skills, and experience level.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.