At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Crafting the future of smart mobility requires the highly intelligent use of data, metrics and analytics. That’s where you can make an impact as part of our Global Data Insight & Analytics team. We are the trusted advisers that enable Ford to clearly see business conditions, customer needs and the competitive landscape. With our support, key decision makers can act in meaningful, positive ways. Join us and use your data expertise and analytical skills to drive evidence-based, timely decision making.
What you’ll be able to do:
The Ford Data Engineer position is ideal for the technically oriented individual who has experience doing “all things data”, including crafting data storage solutions, implementing data storage solutions, optimizing data storage solutions landing data, manipulating data, building data pipelines and providing L2 support.
- You will collaborate with multiple organizations like MFG/IIOT analytics Team, IT, Data Tech, Data Governance, MFG/IIOT SMEs and the external solution partners to drive alignment and delivery of the Data Factory and bring data up to quality required to deliver on the business objectives.
- Contribute with that overall data standards, information interoperability, data quality, and data availability fully support the goals of GDI&A
- Work on near real time data ingestion and data streaming solutions to enable near real time analytics
- Build Analytical Model Objects and Data Products with the goal of supporting scalable growth, sustainability, and to accelerate delivery of business value
- Work on crafting Data Pipelines to deliver Cloud solution for IIOT projects
- Work on crafting high value data solution for Quality Analytics
- Work on mastering various sources of data and contribute to creation of Enterprise Data Catalog
- Implement data stores (Hadoop, relational DBs, NoSQL DBs, etc.).
- Perform Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) or variations of this activity.
- Assist with customer inquiries and incidents/problems.
- Lead and support integration projects and discuss status with Business Customers.
- Work within/across teams with code design and optimization.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience with Data warehousing
- 5+ years of experience with SQL, Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, RDBMS.
- 2+ years of experience with Python, PySpark,
Our preferred requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, or related fieldor a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Critical thinking and proactive decision making
- Good communication – both verbal and written
- Prior experience coordinating ongoing landing of data
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, and the ability to energize a multi-functional team
- Knowledge of GCP: Big Query, Cloud Storage, PubSub etc.
- Experience in with Informatica Big Data Management, Enterprise Data Catalog, Enterprise Data Preparation
- Experience in Alteryx
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.