The Sr. Compliance Data Analyst will be part of the AML/KYC Policy & Analytics team, which plays a critical role in ensuring WePay does not facilitate potential financial crimes and is able to meet regulatory requirements. In this role, you will get to shape WePay's compliance solutions, reporting, and metrics.
In this position, you will constantly be faced with challenging and interesting data problems. That means, no two days are the same. The individual who joins this team will have a chance to work in the areas of policy, compliance, detection, and analytics. You will have an opportunity to expand your skills and be able to determine your future career path.
What You Will Do
- Act as a key driver to build innovative anti-money laundering (AML) detection systems and help support WePay's growth
- Develop and manage a framework to evaluate the efficacy of rules and models
- Partner with analytics, detection and data science teams to aid in the development of reporting metrics and champion innovation in fighting financial crimes within the ecosystem
- Work with other Risk & Compliance leads, including the broader firm, to provide reporting metrics to committees and senior leadership
- Analyze a large quantity of data to identify suspicious patterns in payment activity
- Design, develop and implement dashboards and automated reports highlighting key risk performance trends
- Explore new signals and features to be used in rules and Machine Learning models. Leverage third-party risk management tools to expand detection capabilities.
- Interact with Risk, Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Risk Operations teams on improving risk detection and products.
- Work with other AML/KYC Policy & Analytics team members to identify and escalate concerning trends, solve problems, and impact business decision making
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field of study such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, applied mathematics etc. Masters preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the payment, finance or related industry
- Knowledge of how internet payments and payment risk works
- 3-5 years of experience in quantitative analytics, building analytic solutions, mathematical modeling, etc.
- Experience in developing automated solutions, reports, and dashboards.
- Knowledge of rule engines and/or prior experience in authoring rules in rule editor systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment, with the ability to deliver outstanding results
- Strong Excel skills, including in building pivot tables
- REQUIRED: 3-5 years of industry experience in using SQL, Python or any other object oriented programming language and related analytic tools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
- A team player, and work well with teams across the company driving towards a common goal
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the WELL Health-Safety Rating for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans