What you'll do...
This role is part of the Available-to-Promise Data Science team, a mission-led, data-driven team that is at the epicenter of the Walmart omnichannel transformation. This is a high-impact and collaborative role embedded within the Enterprise Inventory Optimization organization to stay connected and help deliver the best results.
The Senior Data Scientist will drive initiatives tied to our omnichannel customer promise machine learning engine. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for developing and deploying ML & analytical micro-services with immediate chain-wide impact.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have a deep knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as linear regression models, support vector machines, clustering, tree-based models, and deep learning and can rapidly prototype solutions with Python and/or SparkML.
- You have experience in big data processing (Spark/BigQuery/Hive/Hadoop/HDFS).
- You have experience in setting up A/B testing and/or conducting causal inference.
- You have an ability to build strong partnerships through collaboration.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Model Development: Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams and individual projects within a business area or category to drive business results and value. Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions.
- Experiments: Design and execute data experiments
- Analytics: in-depth investigation of key drivers of capacity imbalance. Work with large, messy, disparate datasets and conduct ad hoc “back of the envelope” analyses to quickly inform critical business decisions. Develop metrics and dashboards to monitor and quantify the impact of changes you make.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with many different data science teams to serve as an integrated part of the next generation omnichannel ecosystem
- Business Partnerships: Prepares first draft of presentation to communicate strategic recommendations to business management, based on research and data analysis. Supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master’s degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America