Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world-class operational support to our End users. Visa's Engineering, Applications and Analytics team is looking for curious, creative, and technology experts to join our growing team. We focus on delivering and supporting integrated platforms that enables Visa's finance applications, which are used by Visa business partners to service Visa clients globally. We also develop analytics and reporting by using revenue data.
The successful candidate is expected to be expert in platform deployed on linux systems. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both service delivery and operational excellence of services built using Hadoop technologies.
- Data Integration, Processing & Governance
- Data Storage and Computation Frameworks, Performance Optimizations
- Analytics & Visualizations
- Data Management Platforms
- Implement scalable architectural models for data processing and storage
- Build functionality for data ingestion from multiple heterogeneous sources in batch & real-time mode
- Build functionality for data analytics, search and aggregation.
- Overall 4+ years of IT experience with 2+ years in Data related technologies
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack – HDFS, sqoop, kafka, NiFi, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Airflow and other components required in building end to end data pipeline.
- Excellent experience in at least of the programming language Java, Scala, Python. Java preferable
- Hands-on working knowledge of NoSQL and MPP data platforms like Hbase, MongoDb, Cassandra.
- Well-versed and working knowledge with data platform related services.
- Strong in debugging, monitoring end to end system
- Shell Scripting
- Proactive in communication and good in analytical abilities.
- Strong in customer engagement and other stakeholders
- Provide right and faster solution for any issues.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.