KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG’s Enterprise Technology Advisory practice provides specialist skills in intelligent automation, data engineering and software integration to mid-market organisations, offering tier 1 consulting expertise to help our clients solve their most complex problems.
With significant growth in recent years, we are seeking two high calibre Data Engineers across the Senior Consultant and Manager level to join our team. The key roles & responsibilities include, but not limited, to:
- Evaluating, developing, maintaining and testing data engineering solutions for advanced analytics projects
- Implement processes and logic to extract, transform, and distribute data across one or more data stores from a wide variety of sources
- Distil business requirements and translate into technical solutions for data systems including data warehouses, cubes, marts, lakes, ETL integrations, BI tools or other components
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new solutions and migrating existing data applications on the Azure platform
- Optimize data integration platform to provide optimal performance under increasing data volumes
- Support the data architecture and data governance function to continually expand their capabilities
- Be comfortable with code or tool-based data pipelines and understand the pro and cons of each
- Work closely with Data Scientists to extract and manipulate data from a variety of sources and subsequently cleanse, standardize, scale, bin, categorize, tokenize, stem and transform it in order to get the data into a state suitable for further analysis
- Automate the build deployment of data pipelines using and DevOps and CI/CD patterns, including defining what tests are required and can be automated at each stage of the lifecycle of a data pipeline
- Understand, explain and evangelize buzz words such as serverless, cloud native and PaaS and how they impact the design of Data Pipelines
- Strong knowledge of replication processes, change data capture processes, T-SQL, and Dynamic SQL skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a knack for distilling complex and/or technical problems in environments that are often ambiguous
- Experience in development of Solution Architecture for Enterprise Data Lakes (applicable for Manager level candidates)
How you're Extraordinary
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We would like to talk to you if you have the following:
- Proven experience as an Azure data Engineer within enterprise scale environment
- Demonstrated experience of converting business requirements and use cases into technical solutions
- An understanding of tailoring the solutions we build for the owners of the solutions (our clients)
- Demonstrable industry knowledge: understanding the way your primary industry functions and how data can be collected, analysed and utilized; maintaining flexibility in the face of cloud and data industry developments
- Design and develop new solutions on Cloud platforms with a focus on Paas or Serverless specifically for Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Lake Store, Blob storage, Data Factory, Functions, CosmosDB, Databricks, log analytics, Event hub, Azure Kubernetes Service
- Hands-on experience working in complex data warehouse implementations using Azure SQL Data warehouse, Azure Data Factory and Azure SQL Database
- Experience in creating data pipelines using Azure Data Factory and Synapse Analytics
- Experience in developing data pipelines to transform, aggregate and or process data using Azure Databricks platform
- Proficient in any object-oriented/ functional scripting languages: Python, Scala, R OR C#
- A proven ability to build resilient, tested data pipelines with data quality monitoring embedded (DataOps)
- ETL /ELT tool experience
- Experience with SQL-based and NoSQL technologies (e.g. Azure SQL Database, CosmosDB, PostgreSQL, T-SQL etc)
What we offer you
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 155,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential.
KPMG needs and values diversity. It makes us a more vibrant and interesting place in which to work. It makes us a stronger, smarter, more innovative and responsive organisation and it's central to our culture. We've been named by the Australia Government's EOWA as an Employer of Choice for Women for six consecutive years, and rank fourth in the Australian Workplace Equality Index. We have world-class women's only development programs and networking events to ensure we retain all of our talent including women, and now have 50 percent female managers across the firm.
At KPMG we offer you:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments.
- The ability to collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business.
- The ability to be involved in KPMG's support of numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative.
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & Innovation
Flexibility supports family