Voted one of INC.’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2022, IndeVets is a company devoted to making the lives of veterinarians better. Surprisingly, vets are overworked, burned out, and struggle to balance the extreme demands of their work with family and their personal lives. Compounding this, they are burdened with extraordinary student debt, and many report that being a vet isn’t what they expected or dreamed it would be. IndeVets has created a whole new way to practice that puts vets first. We partner with forward-thinking practices that share our high clinical standards and our values because we believe vets deserve way more than a job that pays the bills; they deserve a job they love.
Our team is growing faster than a Great Dane and we are looking for more amazing people to join our mission.
Responsible for developing and deploying and deployment of database and machine learning models, assisting with data architecture, and working with various teams within the organization to build data structures that meet business requirements. This is primarily remote role. Philadelphia is the preferred location for this role, but would consider anyone working is EST. Quarterly trips to Philadelphia are required.
Essential Job Duties
- Designs, codes, debugs, and maintains databases and data models.
- Implements scalable database architecture.
- Writes unit tests to improve and optimize code.
- Provides architectural solutions and assists in planning engineering projects.
- Performs code reviews and provides actionable feedback.
- Envisioning and creating the data infrastructure for a rapidly growing proprietary platform.
- Developing data architecture capable of supporting the efficient and accurate extraction, loading, and transformation of data from relevant internal and external source systems.
- Working with key stakeholders to design, implement and maintain data infrastructure in support of business needs.
- Experienced in SQL performance tuning and query optimization.
Additional Job Duties
- Meets regularly with the engineering team in order to provide updates or assist team members with data structures.
- Assists and mentors less experienced developers.
- Troubleshoots and fixes bugs in architecture and code.
- Writes and updates technical documents.
- Collaborates with the engineering team in order to architect and scope projects.
- Other job duties assigned by management.
Education Requirements: Degree in Computer Science, engineering certification, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills / Experience
- 5+ years as a Data Engineer.
- 3+ years of machine learning experience, including experience working with NoSQL, PostgreSQL, and Python.
- 2+ years of working with dbt.
- 1+ years of experience building and maintaining data CI/CD pipelines.
- 1+ years of experience working with Airflow.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, along with being able to develop and integrate tools and practices to monitor bugs.
- Strong communication skills.
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Experience leading engineering projects and mentoring less experienced developers.
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience working with Fivetran and Make.
- Experience working with PostgreML.
- Experience with predictive modeling and analytics including regression models, neural networks, support vector machines, clustering, and ensemble models.
Traits / Characteristics
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good at understanding how to simplify complex engineering problems to allow less experienced engineers to help build solutions.
- Good at understanding details in order to implement solutions which meet business needs.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The willingness to help others on the team.
Did we mention we have competitive pay and great benefits? Specifically:
- Medical Insurance with a monthly Company contribution
- Low-Cost Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Low-Cost Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse, and Dependent Life Insurance
- Company-Paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) contribution with 100% employer match up to the first 4% with no vesting period
Our HQ may be in Philadelphia, but we provide flexibility to work from your home office!
Founded in 2018, IndeVets is on a mission to bring balance, fulfillment, and joy to veterinary medicine. We have created a whole new way to practice veterinary medicine that puts vets first. We provide the freedom of relief work, the stability of an associate position, and a team dedicated to helping vets thrive. We unite thousands of hospitals with the nation’s top veterinarians to deliver what matters most in animal care—happy, healthy doctors performing at their best. Officially certified as a Great Place to Work®!
IndeVets is an equal-opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. This commitment extends to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, compensation, and other personnel actions. IndeVets complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. We encourage diversity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds.
Please be aware that the only legitimate form of email, correspondence, and recruiting comes from an @indevets.com email address. If you suspect you have received fraudulent communication from someone impersonating an IndeVets employee, please contact email@example.com immediately.