Cat Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar Inc., responsible for bringing world class digital capabilities to our products and services. With almost one million connected assets worldwide, we're focused on using IoT and other data, technology, advanced analytics and AI capabilities to help our customers build a better world.
This is position is in Connected Data Quality team in Cat Digital. The team is responsible for building tools, dashboards and processes to enable (E2E) telemetry data quality monitoring, finding source of quality issues and work with process partners to resolve the problems at source.
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for building scalable, high performance infrastructure and data driven and predictive analytics applications that provide actionable insights across all Caterpillar businesses. The position will be part of Caterpillar’s fast-moving and engineering-driven digital organization with highly motivated engineers who tackle challenges and problems that are critical to realizing significant business outcomes. Data engineers work with data scientists, business analysts, and others as part of a team that assembles large, complex data sets that provide competitive advantage.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Design, develop, and maintain performant and scalable applications
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications and unit testing of integration solutions
- Operationalize the developed jobs and processes and processes.
- Create databases and infrastructure to processing data at scale
- Create solutions and methods to monitor systems and solutions
- Automate code testing and pipelines
- Engage directly with business partners to participate in design and development of data integration/transformation solutions per functional requirements.
- Work in a scaled Agile environment accountable to deliver results in sprints.
- Engage and actively seek industry perspectives through external engagements such as hackathons, peer groups, etc.
- Generate, prepare, and catalog APIs
- Work with UI Designer to build user interfaces per design specifications
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or computer engineering
- 3+ years of Python coding experience
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, profiling & optimization.
- Understanding of SQL, ETL design, and data modeling techniques
Top Candidates Will Also Have
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software in AWS cloud and working with AWS services: S3, DynamoDB, RDS, SageMaker, ECS, EMR, Lambda, Athena, AWS Glue, CloudFormation
- 2+ years of experience in developing scripts, procedures in snowflake.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Experience with automated build automation tools (Maven, etc.).
- Advanced level of experience with object oriented programming, data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of enterprise data sources and uses
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
Relocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .