Role: Data Engineer
Location: UK, Remote
As an Arcadian, you already help us deliver world leading sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets. You are part of our global business comprising 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life.
Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can continue to solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.Role description:
The Data Engineer is responsible for migrating the data systems, delivery of the technical leadership in data migration, support of data migration strategies, tools, design and build. As well as formulating various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals. This includes data ETL and modelling pipelines, hosting environments, automated testing and deployment, information storage, and retrieval and support enabling infrastructure across multiple client projects.
The Data Engineer will execute migration projects and may be a coach to other Junior Engineers within the Service Engineering Group (SEG). They will work together with Data architects, Data Consultants, and QA Consultants to enable technical solutions throughout the project lifecycle, including assessments, tool evaluations, demonstrations, requirements gathering, results presentation.Role accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Support and own the end-to-end migration journey on cloud-based products.
- Technical delivery of ETL data migration with framework agreed.
- Execute data migration runs.
- Perform data migration using Snowflake, Dbt and Airflow or similar toolset.
- Analyse and organize raw data; build data systems and pipelines.
- Assess the compatibility with your cloud destination.
- Ensure that the design fully meets the client’s needs.
- Manage outputs and quality throughout delivery of a project ensuring all work packages align to the project scope.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science and/or data engineering, ideally within a data migration consultancy or physical asset owning company context. They will have good leadership, communication, and organisational skills. They will have a strong understanding of how to deploy and scale machine learning and advance analytics techniques in a modern cloud environment. A keen interest in the latest technologies is important, to help ensure that the product (as well as Gen in general) stays on the cutting edge.
More importantly than these technical skills, however, we are looking for someone to be a data solution leader, pushing forward the boundaries of what we do, and the standards expected of the wider Gen data architecture. The successful candidate will need to be resilient and maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenges, be an excellent problem-solver, and be happy to be out of their comfort zone. They will need to have excellent communication skills, not just at a technical level, but also with more business-focused colleagues. They will not shy away from a challenge and will stand up and be counted. They will never be satisfied, and always look to find the next improvement in what Gen does, and how we do it.We are looking for someone who possesses:
- Experience in cloud-based data migration tools and validations
- Experience using AWS and/or Azure
- Experience using the following tools: Snowflake & DBT
- Excellent understanding of SQL
- Familiarity with DevOps processes/best practices
- Part of assessment, tool options and data migration enablement
- Experience of delivery of client facing projects, ideally in a data migration consultancy
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g., Java and Python)
- You have experience in the use of automated testing, CI/CD, the use and creation of APIs and of virtual package environments to ensure repeatability of code.
- Demonstrable skills in database management
- Experience using Airflow
- Experience using Azure Data Factory
Continue your career journey as an Arcadian.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone's contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You do meaningful work, and no matter where your next role in Arcadis takes you, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark; on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.