If you are a highly motivated and diligent Data Science professional interested in working with skilled data scientists in collecting and processing data for AI model training, we have an excellent opportunity for you. As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for data collection, pre-processing, cleaning, and analysis to support the development and improvement of our AI models. The Data Scientist will work closely with our service organization and partners worldwide to collect real world data and with our data science team to identify and solve data-related problems.In This Role, Your Responsibilities Will Be
WHO YOU ARE:
- Collect and clean data from various sources including from our service partners globally
- Pre-process data to prepare it for analysis
- Assist in the development and implementation of data collection systems and other strategies that optimize efficiency and data quality
- Perform exploratory data analysis to identify trends and insights
- Support the data science team in developing and improving AI models
- Conduct experiments to evaluate and validate the performance of the AI models
- Prepare reports and communicating findings to the data science team and other collaborators
- Track progress toward data collection goals and work with the data science team to estimate required scope for data collection work
You design processes and procedures that allow managing from a distance. You evaluate pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options. You provide timely and useful information to individuals across the organization. You push yourself and help others achieve results. You establish clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.For This Role, You Will Need
Preferred Qualifications That Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- 1+ years of experience in data collection, pre-processing, cleaning, and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of contacts across multiple organizations
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages, such as Python, R, Java, or similar languages
- Familiarity with data management and storage technologies such as SQL, Hadoop, or AWS
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set goals and work independently and as part of a team
Our Offer To You
- Strong analytical skills: The ability to analyze complex data sets, identify patterns, and draw insights is essential for a Data Scientist. Strong analytical skills will enable the candidate to identify data-related issues and recommend solutions to optimize data quality.
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning: A Data Scientist should have a basic understanding of statistical concepts and machine learning algorithms. This knowledge will help the candidate assist in developing and improving AI models.
- Proficiency in data collection and pre-processing: A Data Scientist should be proficient in collecting and pre-processing data from various sources, such as databases, document, file structure, websites, or APIs. This includes data cleaning, formatting, and transformation to prepare the data for analysis.
Flexible Work Schedule - Remote Work Option:
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and efficiency as we serve the needs of our customers.
We recognize the importance of employee wellbeing and know that to do your best you must have flexible, competitive benefit plans to meet you and your family’s physical, mental, financial, and social needs. We provide a variety of medical insurance plans, with dental and vision coverage. Employee Assistance Program, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, employee resource groups, recognition, and much more. Our culture prioritizes work-life balance and offers flexible time off plans, including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspire innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
The philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Emerson.
Our training programs and initiatives focus on end-to end development, from onboarding through senior leadership. We provide a wide range of development opportunities, including face-to-face and virtual training, mentorship, and coaching, project management, and on-the-job training.