Job Title: Data Scientist
Location: Remote - US
WHY YOU’LL LOVE SALESLOFT:
Put Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.
These are the values that define who we are, that have empowered our staggering growth, and could be instrumental to your career development
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Indianapolis, and Guadalajara, SalesLoft is growing rapidly and is looking for future Lofters to join our team. As a testament to our Organizational Health, SalesLoft has been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020, twice by Deloitte as a ‘Fastest-Growing Technology Company in North America,’ featured by The New York Times as a start-up on a path to a $1B valuation, and has been recognized as a ‘#1 Best Place to Work in Atlanta’ three separate years. SalesLoft is ranked #1 in the emerging category of Sales Engagement software and is on a mission to equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience.
We’re redefining an age old industry! This is challenging work – but our team of brilliant creatives makes the journey thrilling. We’re fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative. We pursue excellence in everything and have a lot of fun along the way. Come join us!THE OPPORTUNITY:
Although we’re proud of our history, we’re just as excited about the future. We want to create a world-class culture and company that attracts, develops, engages and retains elite talent.
At SalesLoft, our data scientists
are pivotal to our company’s success. You will be a key member of our fast-growing and high-performing data science team and will conduct innovative machine learning research and build product feature prototypes that will deliver value to our customers.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for solving business problems using our in-house data and your technical prowess. Specifically, you will:
- Apply advanced statistical techniques and concepts to analyze data from the company databases and other unstructured data sources to build innovative product features, marketing content, and internal services.
- Invest in the sales engagement domain; collaborate with product, engineering, sales, customer success, and other teams to understand business and customer needs, and translate them to tangible data science problems.
- Own and manage complex projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the rapid growth of the research organization, being flexible in data engineering, algorithmist, and analyst responsibilities as they arise.
In addition to working with amazing colleagues who exemplify our ‘team over self’ core value, you will also have the opportunity to leverage your mathematical skills and technical expertise to transform the sales engagement space. You will have an opportunity to make a difference.WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a hungry and passionate person who will be instrumental in growing the data science organization at the most successful early stage SaaS company in Atlanta. We are looking for someone who enjoys, and is unafraid of, getting their hands dirty with unstructured, unlabeled data and can think out of the box to solve business problems.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn more, do more, and become more than previously possible… If you're passionate about innovation, growth and serving customers and thrive in a fast-paced, developmental environment, then becoming a Data Scientist at SalesLoft is the career path for you
Our SalesLoft’s Data Science team is comprised of seasoned and up-and-coming data scientists, machine learning engineers and a product manager who are all aligned on one vision and mission:
- Vision: Every seller is loved by the buyers they serve (#saleslove)
- Mission: Equip companies to maximize revenue by creating a fantastic buying experience
The Data Science team consists of results-oriented technology professionals who are hungry, humble and smart. They are passionate about making SalesLoft the leader in AI technologies in the sales engagement space and believe in leveraging data science and machine learning to guide and help our users. They are also the epitome of our core values - Customers First. Team Over Self. Focus on Results. Bias Towards Action. Glass Half Full.THE SKILL SET:
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- 2+ years experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer
- Proficient in a variety of ML techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and has a fundamental understanding of their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience with deploying data science products in production or collaborating with engineers to deploy in production
- Prior experience of working with unlabeled and unstructured data. Experience with NLP and/or predictive forecasting preferred
- Excellent verbal and communication skills and visualization abilities to communicate with stakeholders
- Strong knowledge/experience with a variety of analysis tools, including Python, R, and SQL. Experience with Spark or Dask preferred.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Attend SalesLoft’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our SalesLoft story and understand what makes our “Lofters” unique
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 plan, meet & shadow current members of the SalesLoft team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in Product, Engineering, Customer Success etc.
- Understand our various data sources and get your hands dirty with them
- Explore our technical stack and infrastructure and get comfortable with them
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Create a shadowing plan and begin executing it to understand the SalesLoft platform.
- Apply various machine learning and data science techniques to solve sales business problems.
- Create custom ETL capabilities to support your research efforts.
- Lead and deliver your first research project.
- Communicate research results to product and engineering leadership in verbal, visual, and written mediums.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Significantly contribute to team planning and estimation.
- Continue to focus on your OKRs.
- Create prototypes using product knowledge, customer insights and technical expertise.
- Implement and compare models to improve key metrics.
- Advise product leadership on data science data capture and collection requirements.
- Collaborate with our machine learning engineers and software engineers to put your models in front of our customers.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
- Mentor other team members and assist them to tackle new problems.
- Be a key advisor on team direction and SalesLoft’s long-term data science strategy.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop success criteria to deliver new products, features and models.
- Push the state of the art and apply the latest advances in deep learning and mathematical modeling to improve buyer and seller experiences.
Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!WHY SHOULD YOU WORK AT SALESLOFT:
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CEO and smart teammates who actually care
- You will work with an amazing team you can learn from and teach.
- You will experience joining a high-growth/high-traction organization.
- You will hear “Yes, let’s do that!” and then have the opportunity to successfully execute on your ideas
- You will build community with Lofters of various cultures and backgrounds through ERGs and DEI initiatives
- We have a vibrant, open office that utilizes modern technology.
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise.
SalesLoft is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.