Who are we?
This position is based in our Global Business Services (GBS) in Porto. Our 300+ employees provide services within areas such as HR, Procurement, Finance and IT across the world.
Our vision is to deliver sustainable value with standard, consistent, digitally enhanced processes. To achieve this, we are seeking to attract highly motivated and skilled professionals. In return we offer a corporate culture which champions professional development, embraces and leads change, creates ingenious solutions for our customers and encourages collaboration.
What’s the role about?
This role will be responsible for the setup, administration and maintenance of master records utilized across the business process. They will handle the supplier, customer and finance master data and transactional data content and ensure accuracy to enable business process consistency, following the group guidelines and MDM quality standards.
The Master Data Analyst will ensure the highest degree of data quality (e.q. check for data mismatches between our Purchasing tools, ERPs and Databases; eliminate duplicates) and oversee elements of the self-service portals.
What you’ll do?
- Responsible for the setup, administration and maintenance of master records utilized across the business processes (scope described further below)
- Handle the supplier, customer and finance master data and transactional data content, ensuring accuracy to enable business process consistency and maintain the highest degree of data quality;
- Facilitate the supplier certification process through capturing the outputs in the relevant databases and proactively monitor to track continued adherence, following the established RFI form and Due Diligence Procedure;
- Support the review of quality documentation from suppliers to confirm adherence to specification and capture outputs in relevant databases
- Process scope:
- Supplier Master Data : supplier creations, data changes and inactivation/blockings/activation both in the Purchasing Tools, ERPs and other peripherical applications
- Customer Master Data : customer creations, data changes and inactivation’s/blockings/activations, both in ERPs and other peripherical applications
- Finance Master Data : Maintain Chart of Account, cost center and project data in the ERPs and other peripherical applications
- Material Master Data : Maintain article creation of Purchased Goods and Finished Goods, via mass upload or manual creation
- Act as the main point of contact for the process scope described above, in the sites the MDM Analyst is assigned to
- Apart from the process scope, there are other responsibilities related to data quality, such as analysing the Master Data of these workstreams to eliminate duplicate and defective records – this is one of the missions for this role – to not only ensure the accomplishment of the in-scope services, but actually improve the overall quality of data in the sites for which the MDM Analyst is responsible;
- Also, apart from the process scope, the MDM Analyst should provide support cross-functional support to other helpdesk teams in resolution of master-related queries, and whenever they have the knowledge to unblock situations;
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure data quality, and work cross-functionally to resolve data issues to ensure all business processes run as planned;
- Interact with Business Partners and GKN employees when master changes or verifications are needed
- Implement the master data management programme and set of processes for all business data required to efficiently execute worldwide business transactions;
- The MDM Analyst can also assist/support in special projects/activities and other duties as assigned;
What are we looking for?
- Prior experience in a similar environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Teamwork skills
- Bsc/Ba in Accounting, Management or similar field is preferred
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
- Organizational and time-management skills
What do we offer?
- Attractive salary package inc. health insurance and meal allowance
- Truly multinational environment (23 nationalities, 12 languages)
- Modern office facilities (social, dining, and relaxing areas)
- Opportunities to develop, grow and progress
- Hybrid working model
- Free access to LinkedIn learning
- Birthday off and extra days of vacation
- Various discounts across retailers and services
NOTE: Please submit your resume in English