About Fanduel Group
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
THE TEAM VERTICAL
The Data Analytics team impacts marketing & operational data initiatives which serve to create the right feedback loops and enable varying degrees of predictive analytics for their stakeholders. Some of the tools they use to build and support these robust data processes include the likes of Python, SQL, Airflow, Kafka, AWS and various modern data warehouses.
We are a lean team of 5 data engineers and will be growing quickly, in order to match FanDuel's rapid growth and widen our competitive position within the industry.
As the team looks to grow, we are looking for driven individuals that are willing to lean into our mission, challenge and validate assumptions, while putting the team's successes ahead of their own.THE POSITION
In this role, you will partner with the engineering teams, building our online applications, data scientists mining our data and training our models, and our analysts who make the data mean something. You will help us organise, model, and present our data as a coherent product and offer it to our stakeholders, providing a common information framework that allows FanDuel to intelligently react to what is happening on the field and in the marketplace.
We are looking for Data Engineers (x3 vacancies) of all skill levels or experienced engineers from other disciplines who may be looking to make the move to a big data environment. If this describes you, read on – we want to hear from you!Skills you have now or will quickly develop a deep understanding for:
Things you will get exposure to:
- Modelling and querying data using SQL and Jinja templating
- Building and orchestrating ETL/ELT pipelines using Data Building Tool, Databricks and Airflow
- Batch processing via SQL, SFTP and Spark
- Real-time streaming via Kafka and Kinesis
- Data pipeline monitoring and support using tools such as DBT, Databand & Astronomer
- Query optimization of large datasets in Redshift and Databricks
- Designing and maintaining production database systems, liaising with data customer requirements to leverage your knowledge of different types of data stores, their use cases, trade-offs, performance, and limitations
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, and lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archival and retrieval solutions while managing access vs. cost
- Leadership and teaching within a cross-functional team, embodying a willingness to grow and to grow those around you and actively seek continued learning opportunities.
- Familiarity with Python.
As you grow at FanDuel, you will:
- Mastery of the data via data quality check and pipeline support
- Data Analytics via Analyst Engineering practices
- Business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, DBT)
- Continuous integration and delivery of production data products
- An inclusive culture that expects excellence and priorities your growth as an engineer and your well-being as a person
What You Can Expect
- Advance your career within well-defined, skill-based tracks, either as an individual contributor or as a manager – both providing equal opportunities for compensation and advancement
- Apply your experience and intellect as part of an autonomous team with end-to-end ownership of key components of our data architecture
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers not only in cultivating craftsmanship but also in achieving operational excellence – system reliability, automation, data quality, and cost-efficiency
- Data engineering is a rapidly changing field – most of all, we’re looking for someone who enjoys experimenting, keeping their finger on the pulse of current data engineering tools, and always thinking about how to do something better.
- PLEASE NOTE: FOR CANDIDATES TO BE CONSIDERED BEYOND APPLICATION STAGE, YOU MUST HAVE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK. FANDUEL UK CANNOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS LEVEL OF ROLE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EXISITING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY - THANK YOU**
The Interview Process
- Interesting work - working in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry, new problems and exciting solutions are never too far away. There are always opportunities to learn new skills and broaden your horizons
- A sense of achievement - Our teams own their own software and when that awesome new feature ships to users and the positive feedback starts rolling in, you can feel really proud of what you and your team created
- Personal development - clear and defined career pathways for every role at every level, a supportive manager, loads of learning opportunities and even 10% of your time to dedicate to your learning.
- Belonging - everyone at FanDuel works for each other, we win together, make mistakes together and have lots of fun doing it.
- Trust - A trusting work environment where productivity is valued above all else, giving you autonomy and ownership of your time and work
- Great financial package - Including salary, bonus, pension, private healthcare, share save scheme, flexible working & holiday policy along with a number of other benefits.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Screen call with an in-house Recruiter (20-30 minutes)
- Introductory call with the Hiring Manager (up to 30 minutes)
- Technical Interview (60 minutes)
- Culture Add Interview (60 minutes)
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!
Please be aware that this is NOT a Remote-first role. There will be expectation for the post-holder to come into the office from time to time (frequency can be discussed), but the majority of the team that you will be collaborating with will be US based.