About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
What you'll be doing
Experian Consumer Services is seeking a Senior Data Analyst focusing on user behavior reporting and analysis on our website. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be preparing reports/dashboards, analyzing data, and optimizing our reporting processes. You will also be working with the business stakeholders to provide performance updates, actionable insights, and deep-dive analyses. A successful candidate should be able to work under minimal supervision, translate business requirements to data questions, write complex SQL queries to extract the appropriate data from the data warehouse, compile and cleanse the information, analyze the data, and provide information/insights to the business stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must be able to thrive in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to understand their analytical needs. Define success measures, develop robust measurement and reporting solutions by aligning metrics to overall business objectives and performance.
- Develop and maintain Tableau dashboards that adapt to changing business needs.
- Evaluate and analyze comprehensive member activity from marketing traffic sources. Such as on-site engagement behavior, acquisition rates, communication touch points, billing persistency and correlate with member retention and revenue to provide actionable insight to business leaders.
- Leverage analytical tools to understand end-to-end customer behavior from marketing sources and conduct pathing analysis to optimize customer experience, e.g. website and app user behavior, email engagement, conversion analysis, and marketing effectiveness.
- Monitor performance, identify changes in business trends and provides timely updates to the stakeholders. Perform investigation and deep-dive analyses on any performance issues and ad-hoc questions.
- Draw business conclusions from data. Identify opportunities to improve performance and enhance user experience based on business goals. Present findings to leadership and non-analytics audience.
- Manage data workflows, queries, processes and scheduling to ensure dashboards are updated with accurate and timely data. Be able to trouble shoot the process when the reports fail or when the data shows anomalies.
- Work closely with Data Engineering and BI teams on data validations to prioritize and resolve data issues.
- Regularly examine data reports to locate and resolve mistakes throughout.
What your background looks like
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineer, Economics, Statistics, or related field of study.
- 5+ years in an analytical/statistics focused position, preferably from an internet environment.
- Proficient in SQL, MS Excel, and data visualization tools (Tableau preferred). Basic understanding of cloud data warehousing theory.
- Must be able to understand and analyze data, synthesizing large volumes of data and complex questions into clear analyses and actionable findings using quantitative reasoning.
- Strong analytical thinker, flexible problem solver and team player with ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize in deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within the organization.
- Compelling communication and influencing skills and participation in winning the support of management and influence the course of major strategic decisions.
- Familiarity with data processing/automation tools (Alteryx) a plus.
- During this pandemic, all Experian employees are working remotely. Once it’s safe to do so, we’ll slowly return to our offices however we are in no rush to do this. The safety of our employees is of utmost importance.
- 15 days’ of vacation accrual annually, five sick days and two volunteer days (plus twelve paid holidays).
- Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%.
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian U.S. employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here