Big Data Engineer
Associate – Vice President
Our Deutsche Bank Research and Index Technology team resides within the Origination and Advisory Technology department. We are an engineering focused organization striving for the highest quality architecture, design, and code. We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help to build our Research MIS and Data analytics systems while working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
What We Offer You
- A diverse and inclusive environment that embraces change, innovation, and collaboration
- A hybrid working model with up to 60% work from home, allowing for in-office / work from home flexibility, generous vacation, personal and volunteer days; A commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employee Resource Groups support an inclusive workplace for everyone and promote community engagement
- Access to a strong network of Communities of Practice connecting you to colleagues with shared interests and values
- Competitive compensation packages including health and wellbeing benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave, and family building benefits; Educational resources, matching gift, and volunteer programs
What You’ll Do
- Consult on improving data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Ensure architecture supports business requirements
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand requirements, evaluate, and refine stories
- Build reliable software that is easy to support in production and design, and develop high-quality and easily maintainable code
- Design, implement, and test solutions, providing support through the production process
How You’ll Lead
- Engage with your key stakeholders across all layers and all geographies
- Take end to end accountability and connect people to drive a positive business outcome
Skills You’ll Need
- Experience building enterprise applications using Java, Scala, and operating systems, such as Unix
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience with Apache Ecosystem, including Spark, Hive, and Hadoop
- Knowledge of TeamCity (or similar) tool for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and columnar Database Management System (DBMS), preferably ClickHouse
Skills That Will Help You Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong ability to collaborate well with your peers
It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the Cary office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model.
Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion.
The salary range for this position in Cary is $75K to $180K. Actual salaries may be based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s skill set, experience, education, work location and other qualifications. Posted salary ranges do not include incentive compensation or any other type of renumeration.
Deutsche Bank Values & Diversity
We believe talent is found in all cultures, countries, races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, generations, backgrounds and experiences. We pursue a working environment where everyone can be authentic and feel a sense of belonging. Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion efforts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Learn more about your life at Deutsche Bank through the eyes of our current employees: https://careers.db.com/life
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
The California Consumer Privacy Act outlines how companies can use personal information. If you are interested in receiving a copy of Deutsche Bank’s California Privacy Notice please email HR.Direct@DB.com .
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Visit Inside Deutsche Bank to discover more about the culture of Deutsche Bank including Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Leadership, Learning, Future of Work and more besides.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act ; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision .