We are Hiring!
Minneapolis, MNWhy choose Palomar?
Palomar is a rapidly growing and innovative insurer focused on providing specialty insurance to residential and commercial customers.?Palomar welcomes the best and brightest to our thriving team. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Palomar is building a dynamic and diverse team.
Join a company built on a culture of agility, innovation and authenticity that delivers peace of mind and protection to individuals and businesses impacted by adversity.
Want to learn more about our exciting journey? Click here to learn more.The Details:
Palomar is seeking a Data Engineer
who will report to the Director, IT Services. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with big data technologies, systems design, and algorithms. This role will be part of a cross-functional team helping with the development and operation of various components contributing to the Palomar data platform.What will you do:
- Proficient in developing and designing various aspects of the data platform, including relational databases, ETL/ELT routines, cubes, and reports, providing support and enhancements to existing solutions.
- Assembling sizeable complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Assisting with identifying, designing, and implementing internal process improvements, including redesigning infrastructure for greater scalability, optimal data delivery, and automation.
- Building infrastructure for optimal ETL/ELT of data from various sources using SQL and Azure technologies.
What we are looking for:
We love people who want to:
- 3 plus years of professional experience as a Data Engineer – The insurance industry is a plus!
- Experience designing and building dimensional data models using best practices for data warehouses for specific client requirements using SQL Server 2016 or higher, Azure SQL Database, and Synapse.
- Experience implementing ETL/ELT concepts, patterns, and practices using SSIS and Azure Data Factory.
- Experience creating exception reporting for ETL/ELT processes.
- Knowledge of Big Data concepts and implementation using Azure Synapse
- Experience writing complex stored procedures, views, and queries using T-SQL.
- Strong knowledge of database optimization of schema design, queries, cubes, and reports.
- Proficient in data acquisition from multiple and various data sources using T-SQL, SSIS, ADF
- Knowledge of Data Virtualization and its implementation within Azure Data Technologies.
- Knowledge of DAX
- Understanding and proficiency with Agile concepts and ceremonies.
- Experience with source control and ALM tools such as Azure Jira, Github, etc
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Azure Synapse
- Experience with ARM/bicep templates.
- Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
- Strong interest in Insurance and financial products and new processes/systems/activities
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Build strong relationships through transparency, trust, and respect for each other.
- Work in an agile environment with a resilient mindset to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Collaborate and celebrate diverse perspectives, promoting inclusivity and equality.
- Do the right thing with strong conviction and integrity.
- Be bold and innovative to help make an impact.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment and like working with happy, authentic, talented people, you'll enjoy a career with Palomar!What will you get in return?
Diversity at Palomar
- Full Suite of Medical Benefits
- Long Term Financial Incentives – STOCK!
- 401k with 3% automatic Employer Contributions
- Competitive PTO + Holiday Program
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Work From Home Stipend
- Professional Development Assistance?
- Headspace Paid Subscription
- Career Exploration Opportunities
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- To learn more, visit us at www.plmr.com
At Palomar, we are committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion in all facets of the organization. We have built an open culture that celebrates the diversity of our workforce while actively championing equality and inclusion practices that make us a company people want to work with and work for.
We believe that diversity, equality and inclusion yields greater organizational creativity and productivity, which helps us serve our customers and partners more effectively. Delivering on our diversity commitment returns greater value to our shareholders and ultimately makes a positive impact to the communities in which we do business and to the people who live in them#PalomarPride #Insurancejobs #hiring #DataPipelineEngineer
Palomar will consider reasonable accommodations to ensure a qualified applicant with a disability can be considered for the position. Palomar will also consider necessary modifications to the physical work environment, or to the way a job is usually performed, so an individual with a disability can perform the essential functions of the position. Additional accommodations will be considered that enable an employee with a disability to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment like those that are enjoyed by other employees without disabilities.
For more information about our company, visit us at www.plmr.com. Palomar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls or agency solicitation pleasePay Range:
The above pay range is for all US-based roles based on function and level, benchmarked against companies of similar size and scope. To be compliant with local legislation as well as provide greater transparency to candidates, we disclose salary ranges on all job postings regardless of the desired job location. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and the opportunity for annual long-term incentive stock grants. In addition, we offer a highly competitive benefits package. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and qualifications, and may vary from the amounts listed above.CCPA Job Applicant: