Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K's portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier's Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We're looking for a passionate Associate Data Analyst to work in our growing Player Analytics team with a focus on optimising Marketing and Game user experiences. Passionate about crunching data, developing standard metrics and visualisations. Extracting business insights to be used by our marketing and games partners to continuously optimise and improve. Some data analytics experience supporting partner teams to drive data-based decisions in marketing, product management and channel management.
What You Will Do
- Analyse player gameplay and economy telemetry along with marketing data to understand player behaviour and develop metrics, data visualisations, and reporting, to enable improvements in marketing or user journeys.
- Manage Analytics requests from partners for insights that feed ongoing customer engagement programs, by translating data and insights asks into audience segmentation, measurement, and reporting deliverables
- Develop audience targeting segmentation, setup campaigns in experiment platform, analyse and share results
- Develop knowledge of Customer Data Platform (CDP) and Compliance policies related to customer data
- Focus on using data and hypothesis driven decision making to drive future growth and customer lifetime value.
- Analyse trends and experiment results to inform acquisition and engagement strategies to improve performance across each.
- Perform ad hoc analyses for growth and marketing.
- Present analysis findings via presentation and some dashboarding.
- Partner with Data Science, Data Engineering, and Analytics Producers to plan and implement Analytics and operationalize them into repeatable use
What Skills Are Needed:
The ability to see the underlying story in the data and know how to ask the right questions. A solution-oriented and creative problem solver. A self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to get results for meaningful change.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, Sciences (or in another quantitative subject area).
- 1+ years of analytics experience
- Hands on experience with scripting languages and tools, SQL, R, or Python
- Data visualisation experience, Tableau experience preferred.
- Strong data-storytelling and insights skills
- Video games experience a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Able to work independently with drive to solve problems.
- Technically not a skill, but you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.